Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- Premier assures mega projects funded by state govt will proceed as usual this year Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jun-28
- Mustapa: S&P revision of Malaysia's ratings outlook shows confidence in fiscal consolidation efforts Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jun-28
- 'Hasty decisions will worsen inflation' Business Times | 2022-Jun-28
- Pakatan: government should cut expenses, not subsidies, to help Malaysians with rising prices Intellasia.Net News | 2022-Jun-28
- S&P: MALAYSIA'S BUDGET 2022 ABLE TO MANAGE LINGERING EFFECTS OF PANDEMIC, RESTART ECONOMY Bernama Newswires | 2022-Jun-28
- S&P REVISES MALAYSIA'S SOVEREIGN CREDIT RATINGS OUTLOOK TO STABLE, PROJECTS GDP TO GROW 6.1 PCT IN 2022 - TENGKU ZAFRUL Bernama Newswires | 2022-Jun-28
- AMBANK EXPECTS 50 BPS OPR HIKE, INFLATION BETWEEN 2.8-3.0 PCT THIS YEAR Bernama Newswires | 2022-Jun-28
- BKM targets 12.6m Malaysians this year The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-27
- BKM cash aid totalling RM8 bln, largest in country's history, says Tengku Zafrul Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jun-27
- Pakatan: Govt should cut expenses, not subsidies, to help Malaysians with rising prices Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jun-27
- 'Price pressures will likely remain intact in 3Q22' Borneo Post Online | 2022-Jun-26
- 24 COOPERATIVES IN PERLIS RECEIVE AID WORTH RM1,122,000 Bernama Newswires | 2022-Jun-27
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Sapura Secured Technologies Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (354,080,382)
- 2 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (53,511,100)
- 3 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (44,740,999)
- 4 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 5 Petronas Lng Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services) - (28,341,503)
- 6 Hong Leong Company Bhd (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (26,465,107)
- 7 Axiata Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Information) - (25,939,194)
- 8 Malaysia Lng Tiga Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (19,353,502)
- 9 Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (23,960,000)
- 10 Petronas Dagangan Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (22,787,293)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Malaysia Industry Research - REITS: Reliable In Times Of Uncertainty RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-28EMIS Insights - Malaysia Consumer Electronics Sector Report 2022-2023 EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jun-27Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: Labour Shortage Bites Perodua, Dragging May TIV RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-22
Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: Last Orders The End Of The SST-Exemption RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-20Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: 1Q22 Wrap: Supply Still Catching Up RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-15Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: Benefit From Policies May Continue In June RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-13
Malaysia Industry Research - Telecommunications: 5G Overhang And Seasonality RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-10Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: New Tax And Levy Structure In Indonesia RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-09Malaysia Industry Research - Gaming: 1Q22 Wrap: Weak Start, But Recovery On Track RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-09
EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jun-16Malaysia Industry Research - Construction: The Dust Has Not Settled Yet; Stay RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-08Malaysia Industry Research - Banks: Momentum Intact, Watchful On Rising Headwinds RHB - Industry Research | 2022-Jun-07
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
CERES AND SHELL ANNOUNCE ELECTROLYSER AGREEMENT FOR GREEN HYDROGEN PR Newswire - English | 2022-Jun-28ASIA BUSINESSES STRUGGLE TO OFFSET LOSSES FROM INCREASED B2B BAD DEBT, ATRADIUS SURVEY REVEALS PR Newswire - English | 2022-Jun-28ASIA BUSINESSES STRUGGLE TO OFFSET LOSSES FROM INCREASED B2B BAD DEBT, ATRADIUS SURVEY REVEALS PR Newswire - English | 2022-Jun-28
2C2P AND IKANO RETAIL EXTEND ONLINE, LOCALISED PAYMENTS TO IKEA CUSTOMERS IN SOUTHEAST ASIA PR Newswire - English | 2022-Jun-28Malaysia well-positioned to be Asia’s hub for medical device industry The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-28Russia & Ukraine newsletter - June 28th, 2022 Russia - Ukraine newsletter | 2022-Jun-28
MoF green-lights AMMB’s AGIB disposal to Liberty Insurance The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-28Luno: Crypto meltdown a reminder for investors The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-28Malaysia’s palm oil price to decline further amid labour shortages The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-28
PAS calls for special parliamentary session to address rising prices, living costs The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-28MSMEs adopting e-commerce, exceed govt target The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-28Malaysia outlines 3 priorities for long-term economic prospects The Malaysian Reserve | 2022-Jun-28
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Consumer Electronics Sector Report 2022-2023 69 pages | 2022-Jun-27
EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense 20 pages | 2022-Jun-16
EMIS Insights - The Road Ahead - Forces Shaping the Automotive Sector's 2022 Outlook 22 pages | 2022-Jun-16
EMIS Insights Malaysia Chemicals Sector Report 2022-2023 79 pages | 2022-Jun-06
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Citing a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
Increasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker