Malaysia is the 38th largest economy in the world and ranks 20th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Malaysian economy grew at a rate of 5.9% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to information on over 100,000 Malaysian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 250 local and global sources.
- IMF urges Malaysia to develop revenue strategy to boost low taxes Intellasia.Net News | 2023-Jun-03
- PUBLIC CAN APPLY FOR SMALL INFRASTRUCTURE PROEJCTS DIRECTLY TO ECONOMY MINISTRY - RAFIZI Bernama Newswires | 2023-Jun-02
- HIGH ALLOCATION FOR SABAH, SARAWAK BASED ON NEEDS - ANWAR Bernama Newswires | 2023-Jun-01
- Tengku Zafrul: Malaysia remains preferred investment hub, with RM71.4b put in and almost 24,000 jobs created Intellasia.Net News | 2023-May-31
- Malaysia's PPI declines further to negative growth of 3 pct in April Intellasia.Net News | 2023-May-31
- Immediately report shortage of essential items to KPDN, consumers told Borneo Post Online | 2023-May-30
- Malaysia still an FDI magnet, approves RM71.4bil of projects in first three months Intellasia.Net News | 2023-May-30
- MALAYSIA ATTRACTS RM71.4 BLN IN APPROVED INVESTMENTS FOR 1Q 2023 -- MIDA Bernama Newswires | 2023-May-30
- INFLATION LIKELY TO RISE EXTRA 0.45-0.75 PPTS ANNUALLY IF T20 EXCLUDED FROM FUEL SUBSIDIES -- PIVB Bernama Newswires | 2023-May-30
- Malaysia Maintains Its Status as a Preferred Investment Hub MIDA News | 2023-May-29
- Malaysia holds its largest international arms exhibition yet as it looks to update old defence systems Intellasia.Net News | 2023-May-29
- Malaysia holds its largest international arms exhibition yet as it looks to update old defence systems MediaCorp NewsAsia | 2023-May-27
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Malaysia Sources in our platform include:
MNS Credit Management Group Pvt Ltd
Mira Inform Private Ltd
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia (BERNAMA)
New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd.
The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd
GRDS Reports Ltd.
RHB Research Institute
Knight Frank (Malaysia)
Paul Budde Communication Pty Ltd.
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Tenaga Nasional Berhad (Malaysia) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (51,565,200)
- 2 Employees Provident Fund (Malaysia) (Finance and Insurance) - (41,848,011)
- 3 Petronas Lng Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia) (Management of Companies and Enterprises) - (43,679,336)
- 4 Sime Darby Berhad (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (43,033,000)
- 5 Petronas Dagangan Berhad (Malaysia) (Wholesale Trade) - (37,078,667)
- 6 Pgeo Group Sdn Bhd (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (28,803,344)
- 7 Batu Kawan Bhd (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (28,918,319)
- 8 Petronas Chemicals Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Manufacturing) - (29,331,000)
- 9 Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (Malaysia) (Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting) - (27,800,360)
- 10 Axiata Group Berhad (Malaysia) (Information) - (27,690,056)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Malaysia Industry Research - Telecommunications: JENDELA: Phase 1 Closing Report RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Jun-02Malaysia Industry Research - IHH Healthcare: Resilient Demand Pivoting Near-Term Growth RHB - Industry Research | 2023-Jun-02Malaysia Industry Research - Plantation: El Nino Risk Increasing, But Is There Much Upside RHB - Industry Research | 2023-May-24
Malaysia Industry Research - Auto & Autoparts: A Softer April, As Expected; Keep O/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2023-May-22EMIS Insights - A Breather After the Sprint - The Global EV Industry at a Glance EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2023-May-22Asia-Pacific - Dairy, May 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Jun-03
Malaysia Industry Research - Basic Materials: LME Asia Metals Conference 2023; Still O/ W RHB - Industry Research | 2023-May-22Asia-Pacific - Hot Drinks, May 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Jun-03Malaysia - Wireless Telecommunication Services, May 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Jun-03
Asia-Pacific - Wireless Telecommunication Services, May 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Jun-03Malaysia Industry Research - Rubber Products: A Glass Half Full RHB - Industry Research | 2023-May-15Asia-Pacific - Bakery & Cereals, May 2023 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2023-Jun-03
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Zahid: Premier of S'wak to attend Umno general assembly on June 9 Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03Pusa to receive new administrative complex soon, says Premier Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03'Cordial relationship' between state and federal government vital for development, says Ahmad Zahid Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03
MYAirline Miss Borneo to highlight diverse charm of Sabah Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03PKR Sarawak condemns attack on assemblyman as `uncivilised' Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03`No power supply disruption', Sarawak Energy reassures public after Pujut Power Station fire Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03
Sabah lose to Kedah after defender hospitalised Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03Anwar calls for efforts to upgrade, beautify food courts, stalls Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03Dr Zaliha: Health Ministry scrutinising manpower shortage issue Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03
Ministry asked to fix water shortage issue in Ulu Sg Assan, Ulu Naman Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03Lawas mega projects to transform economic landscape of northern region, says MP Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03Fadillah: UK set to recognise Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil certification Borneo Post Online | 2023-Jun-03
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - A Breather After the Sprint - The Global EV Industry at a Glance 23 pages | 2023-May-22
EMIS Insights - ASEAN Infrastructure Sector Report 2023-2024 94 pages | 2023-May-23
EMIS Insights - Malaysia Renewable Energy Sector Report 2023-2024 63 pages | 2023-May-23
Malaysia Chemical Sector Report 2022-2023 58 pages | 2023-Apr-12
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Malaysia’s economy expected to perform better in Q2 2018Malaysia’s economy is seen to perform better in the second quarter of 2018 as a result of strong domestic sector, solid labour market and better wage growth, Business Times has reported citing comments from the country's top economists. "Privat...Mon, 08/13/2018 - 10:52
Future about cutting middlemen – Pos Malaysia CEOCiting a surge in parcel deliveries driven by booming e-commerce, Pos Malaysia Berhad plans to have discussions with Alibaba to cut through middlemen and increase its role in the industry. The company is currently considered the world’s most va...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 16:29
MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE EXPECTED TO DRIVE GROWTH IN MALAYSIA’S NON-LIFE INSURANCE SECTORIncreasing volumes are the main driver of the expected growth in motor vehicle insurance premiums in Malaysia in 2017. BMI expects the total number of vehicles in Malaysia to grow by 5.7% and for the price of an insurance policy to increase as well,...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 17:49
Malaysia to see greater capital inflow from Chinese investors in 2018Malaysia is expected to see an increase in capital inflow from Chinese investments in 2018 as major infrastructure projects related to the Belt and Road Initiative continue to attract more developers from the mainland to the country, the Malaysian Re...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:37
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker