Hungary is the world's 56th largest economy and ranks 34th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Hungarian economy grew by 4% in 2017. A subsscription to EMIS provides access to a database of over 63,000 Hungarian companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 220 local and global sources.
- FinMin: Support for local councils to increase next year MTI Intraday News | 2022-Jun-28
- Govt spox: 'Unacceptable' Ryanair passing on special tax to customers MTI Intraday News | 2022-Jun-28
- Land Prices Triple Over Past Decade Hungary AM daily news | 2022-Jun-28
- 80% plan to spend less due to inflation BBJ - Online | 2022-Jun-25
- Hungary : The 2023 Budget Is a Budget for Overhead Cuts and Defense Euclid - News | 2022-Jun-25
- Hungary : New Government Officials Have Been Appointed, Aiming for a Crisis-proof Administration Euclid - News | 2022-Jun-25
- Annual Inflation Hits 23-Year High in May BBJ - Online | 2022-Jun-25
- The EU's Carbon Border Tax Could Hurt Developing Countries by Miriam González Durántez & Calli Obern Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jun-24
- Lőrinc Nacsa: The Hungarian economy is more shockproof and stronger Hungarian Official News Digest | 2022-Jun-25
- Hungary won't 'rethink' its stance on global minimum tax Hungarian Official News Digest | 2022-Jun-25
- Szalay-Bobrovniczky: Hungary's defense spending to reach 2 percent of GDP in 2023 Hungarian Official News Digest | 2022-Jun-25
- Democracy Digest: Hungary Throws Down Another Gauntlet to EU BalkanInsight | 2022-Jun-24
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Hungary Sources in our platform include:
Mediaworks Hungary Zrt.
Portfólio.hu - Net Média Zrt.
HVG Kiadói Zrt.
Magyar Hírlap Kiadói Kft.
MTVA - Media Services and Support Trust Fund
Business Publishing Services Kft.
Hungary Around The Clock - Access-Hungary Kft.
Tőzsdefórum - WebStart Kft.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 MOL Nyrt. (Hungary) (Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction) - (5,992,078,000)
- 2 Audi Hungaria Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (2,699,247,837)
- 3 ALPIQ ENERGY SE Magyarorszagi Mft.e (Hungary) (Utilities) - (1,371,603,194)
- 4 Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Hungary Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,213,341,436)
- 5 Samsung Zrt. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (1,002,296,000)
- 6 Flextronics International Kft. (Hungary) (Manufacturing) - (902,307,050)
- 7 Orszagos Dohanyboltellato Kft. (Hungary) (Wholesale Trade) - (741,860,242)
- 8 MVM Next Energiakereskedelmi Zrt. (Hungary) (Utilities) - (728,139,000)
- 9 Magyar Telekom Nyrt. (Hungary) (Information) - (704,081,000)
- 10 Citibank Europe plc. Fioktelepe (Hungary) (Finance and Insurance) - (681,583,616)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jun-16EMIS Insights - The Road Ahead - Forces Shaping the Automotive Sector's 2022 Outlook EMIS Insights - Industry Reports | 2022-Jun-16Hungary Petrochemicals Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Hungary Autos Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Medical Devices Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Hungary Logistics & Freight Transport Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Information Technology Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
Hungary Telecommunications Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Logistics & Freight Transport Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27Hungary Information Technology Report 2022 Fitch Solutions - Industry Reports | 2022-Apr-27
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
FinMin: Support for local councils to increase next year MTI Intraday News | 2022-Jun-28Govt spox: 'Unacceptable' Ryanair passing on special tax to customers MTI Intraday News | 2022-Jun-285G radiation levels safe, say experts MTI Intraday News | 2022-Jun-28
Orban meets with Vietnamese National Assembly Chairman MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-Jun-28Resolution no. 247/2022 of the Budapest Stock Exchange Ltd. introducing into exchange trading the mortgage bonds named EJBFN27/B, tranche number 001, as of June 30, 2022 BSE News | 2022-Jun-28Takarék Mortgage Bank Co Plc - Takarék Mortgage Bank Co. Plc.'s announcement on the result of the auction of fourth tap of the TJ26NF02 Takarek covered bond BSE News | 2022-Jun-28
Kocsis: State financing mechanism for parliamentary parties to change MTI Intraday News | 2022-Jun-28PannErgy - Articles of Associations BSE News | 2022-Jun-28AKK sells HUF 15bn of three-month T-bills at auction, as planned MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-Jun-28
Forint strengthens on interbank forex market MTVA - MTI Econews articles | 2022-Jun-28Are most Hungarians dissatisfied with the opposition? - poll - Daily News Hungary Daily News Hungary - Business & Politics | 2022-Jun-28Nezopont: Most Hungarians dissatisfied with opposition - paper MTI Intraday News | 2022-Jun-28
INDUSTRY REPORTS on emis store
EMIS Insights - War in Ukraine - A Seismic Shift in Warfare and Attitudes Towards Defense 20 pages | 2022-Jun-16
EMIS Insights - The Road Ahead - Forces Shaping the Automotive Sector's 2022 Outlook 22 pages | 2022-Jun-16
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Infrastructure Sector Report 2021-2022 49 pages | 2022-Feb-04
EMIS Insights - Emerging Europe Transportation Sector Report 2021-2022 52 pages | 2021-Nov-05
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Hungarian electronics company Kontaset and its Chinese partner T&S Communications have laid the cornerstone of a HUF 1.2 billion optical cable and connector plant in central Hungary which will be partly funded by the European Union (EU), Hungary Arou...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
Generali has signed an agreement to take over the life, non-life and composite insurance portfolios of three entities of ERGO International AG in Hungary and Slovakia. The terms of the deal will not be disclosed, but the gross written premium of the ...Mon, 04/29/2019 - 14:46
The value of mergers and acquisitions (M&As) in Hungary jumped by 150% on an annual basis to USD 4 billion in 2017, the Budapest Business Journal (BBJ) reported referring to data provided by consultancy EY. In terms of number, M&A deals booked a...Wed, 04/25/2018 - 12:40
The Hungarian government may impose a new tax on the big retail chains this spring, cabinet’s commissioner for retail policy Kristóf Szatmáry said. The move will target retailers with high sales revenues and will be aimed to “correct biased mar...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:29
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker